Stewart Island Place Names ……
Te Whaka A Te Wera ….. “The Harbour of Te Wera” Te Wera was originally an Otago Chief, who moved to Stewart Island, and later to Te Wae Wae Bay in western Southland.
Port North West …… Named by Owen Folger Smith, of the sealer Pegasus, 1804
Paterson Inlet …… Some conjecture over which Paterson the Inlet was named for …….. Captn William Paterson (Fiery Cross) or William Paterson, Govenor of New South Wales
Sails Ashore now produces 100 % of our electrical needs, and have cut our non renewable heating fuel usage to around 20% of pre solar.
Kowhai Lane is "Grid Tied" and exports excess electricity to the local grid.
Both have significantly reduced our carbon footprint
We are Fully Vaccinated